UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser
The UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser was designed for commercial and industrial UV disinfection for flows up to 500m3/hr and beyond. The X-Series is an efficient UV disinfection system for liquids with low UV transmittance (UVT), high UV dose requirements and large flows.
It is an advanced water sterilization system designed to ensure the highest level of water purity in a variety of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and electronics manufacturing. This system is manufactured by UV Guard, a leading provider of water purification systems.
One of the main benefits of the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser is its advanced UV sterilization technology. The system uses high-intensity UV lamps to destroy bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in the water. This ensures that the water is of the highest quality and is safe for use in various applications.
Another benefit of the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser is its efficiency. The system is designed to be highly efficient, with low energy consumption and minimal maintenance requirements. This makes it an environmentally friendly choice for industries that are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and minimize their impact on the environment.
The UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser is also easy to use and operate. The system features a user-friendly interface that allows for easy monitoring and control of the sterilization process. The touch screen display provides real-time information on the status of the sterilization process, as well as alerts for maintenance and lamp replacements.
A case study of the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser in action can be found in the food and beverage industry. A large beverage manufacturer was experiencing high levels of contamination in their production process, resulting in increased downtime and product wastage. The manufacturer installed the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser to sterilize the water used in their production process. Since the installation of the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser, the manufacturer has seen a significant reduction in contamination levels, resulting in increased productivity and reduced product wastage.
Overall, the UV Guard X-Series UV Steriliser is a high-quality and reliable water sterilization system that is ideal for a variety of industries that require a high degree of purity and reliability in their water supply. Its advanced UV sterilization technology, efficiency, and ease of use make it an excellent choice for industries that are looking to improve their water quality and increase productivity.
Applications for the X-Series include:
- Drinking water – protect municipalities, remote communities, mining camps, apartments residents, employees, customers and more.
- Wastewater – for sewage treatment plants, disinfection of wastewater to allow it to be recycled or safely discharged to the environment
- Process Water – protect RO & UF membranes, media filters and other water treatment processes from microbial colonisation.
- Ultra-pure Water – disinfection without the use of chemicals, no impact on water chemistry, ensuring treated water is ultra-pure.
- Food & Beverage – produce a microbial free product without adding chemicals and impacting on taste or odour, ideal for sugar syrups (liquid sugar).
- Warm water/ Hot water – control Legionella in nursing homes and other communal facilities.
- Dam water, Storm water & Rainwater – enable the safe re-use of captured water from sustainable sources for irrigation of crops, playing fields and more.
- Aquaculture – safeguard fish farms and hatcheries from disease.
- Swimming Pools – eradicate bacteria and viruses, reduce chlorine use by up to 90% break down, chloramines and create a healthier environment for users.
- Display Fountains – improve appearance by controlling algae and destroy harmful bacteria.
- Medical – UV disinfection for hospital departments such as Renal and Pathology units.
- Pharmaceutical – ensure water is ultra-pure for processes and products.
- Any other application where there are liquids with low UV transmittance(UVT), large UN dose requirements and large treated water flows.
Benefits of the X-Series:
- Save space – Multiple lamped systems allow for liquids with low UV Transmittance to be disinfected through thin film channels created within the reactor. Disinfection of total flow can be achieved through a single reactor, reducing footprint requirements and plumbing infrastructure costs.
- Reduce maintenance expenditure – Key to the X-Series design is the combination of UVG LongerLife low pressure high output amalgam UV lamps with thermally stable Electronic Ballasts precisely configured to maximise efficiency and performance. UVG LongerLife UV lamps have an operating life of up to 16,000 hours, maintain UVC output of 90% or greater at the end of lamp life, outlasting standard UVC lamps by up to 77% with improved performance
- Maximise flexibility – The extensive range of single and multiple lamped systems with an array of options means that there is a system to meet a comprehensive range of applications. Inlet and outlet connections are customisable to suit project, customer and application requirements.
Features of the X-Series:
- WaterMark certified 316 grade stainless steel reactors – validating systems fit for purpose and safe for use.
- UVG LongerLife UV lamps – 16,000 hours operational life.
- PLC controller – thermally stable, IP54-65 rated with lamp on/off LEDs, lamp fail alarm and digital lamp life timer.
The X-Series is composed of various models with varying treatment capacities based on a IV dose of 40 mJ/cm2 (at 95% UVT). We recommend a UV dose of 40mJ/cm2 for most commercial and residential applications. Ask our friendly staff for details on the various models
Additional Options for the X-Series (Sold separately)
- Connections customisable – inlet and outlet connection sizes and type customisable to suit project requirements.
- UV intensity monitoring – sensors calibrated to DVGW and ONORM validation codes. Real time monitoring to alert when design UV intensity is not being achieved. Output available to alert BMS of low UV intensity or to display actual UV intensity on remote device.
- Interlocking UV lamp device – UV lamp cannot be in operation unless fully sealed within the UV reactor improving safety and eliminating UV exposure to users.
- Automatic quartz tube cleaning – ensures quartz is clean and free from fouling to allow UV output from the lamp to optimally penetrate liquid.
- Remote controllable – system can be controlled by external device.
- Remote monitoring – outputs for system status, faults, UB intensity measurements and more.
- Reactor temperature management – ensuring optimum UV output from lamps. reactor temperature measure by thermostat and solenoid valve controlled.
- PLC integrability – can be integrated into other treatment system controls and measuring devices.
- Personalised software – company name can be displayed on system start-up and designed service phone number can be displayed during system faults.
- Customisable – PLC features and options can be custom made to suit project requirements not listed above.
UV Disinfection – What is it?
The technology of UV disinfection incorporates Ultra-Violet light, specifically in the wavelength between 200 to 300 nanometres known as the germicidal wavelength. The optimal wavelength when it comes to disinfection using UV is 264 nanometers which located within the UV-C spectrum.
Upon exposure to this germicidal wavelength, micro-organisms are outright destroyed or rendered incapable of reproduction. When the micro-organisms is exposed to the high energy associated with the UV-C UV light, the DNA of these micro-organisms that include bacteria, viruses, spores and other pathogens absorb the light. The absorbed light then causes abnormalities in the DNA resulting in the micro-organism not being able to reproduce and therefore not being able to infect.