UV GUARD SLT-SERIES UV STERILISER
The new UV Guard SLT-Series carry NSF/ANSI Standard 55, Class A certification. Wide range of flowrates cover a wide range of applications from point-of-use (POU) disinfection to high-flow point-of-entry (POE).
These validated systems carry a 40 mJ/cm2 UV dose at the alarm set-point as dictated by NSF/ANSI Standard 55 test protocol. Systems offer a 4-log reduction (99.99%) in bacteria, virus and protozoan cysts (Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium).
Applications include private wells, camp grounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, water systems, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Description UV Steriliser – UV Guard SLT-Series
The UV Guard SLT-Series UV Steriliser was designed for UV disinfection for the home and small businesses. The SLT-Series is a cost effective and high performing UV water disinfection system. With 8 models in the range and options to allow indoor and outdoor installation, the SLT-Series is ideal for under sink, whole of house, swimming pool and pond clarification uses.
Applications for the SLT-Series include:
- Drinking Water Disinfection – under the sink drinking water disinfection, safeguard your drinking water supplies from pathogens and disease.
- Whole of House Water Disinfection – ensure that your potable water supply is free from E.coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Pond Clarification – protect your fish from disease, prevent algae growth and keep your pond crustal clear all year around.
- Swimming Pool Treatment – destroy bacteria and viruses, eliminate algae, reduce chlorine use by 90% and create a sager environment for your family.
- Any other application where water disinfection is required.
Benefits of the SLT-Series:
- No micro-organisms is known to be immune to UV – even the chlorine resistant Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- Economical and efficient operation – disinfecting at the point of use, no contact time required.
- No harmful by-products – chemical free, no impact on taste and no corrosion problems.
- No risk of overdosing – reducing the risks associated with chemical overdosing.
- Easy maintenance – lamp can be replaced easily without interrupting water flow.
- Proven performance and flexibility – system designed according to application and project requirements.
- Peace of mind – power supplies show when lamp is in operation and audibility alerts any faults.
Features of the SLT-Series:
- High quality 316 grade stainless steel reactor – ensures longevity of the system.
- BSP threaded connections on same side – for ease of connection to plumbing infrastructure.
- Easy to install brackets – chambers securely snap into position.
- Lamp fail alarm – alerts user and prevents untreated water from being consumed.
- Innovative high output, low pressure UV lamps – target UV dose is maintained throughout lamp life.
- Pure fused quartz sleeves – allows optimum penetration of IV light through to the water.
- Lamps parallel to water flow – water disinfected from chamber entry point to exit.
The SLT-Series is composed of eight models with varying treatment capacities based on a IV dose of 40 mJ/cm2 (at 95% UVT). We recommend a UV dose of 40mJ/cm2 for most commercial and residential applications
Additional Options for the SLT-Series (Sold separately)
- Basic indorr controller – lamp on/off LEDs and lamp fail alarm.
- Digital indoor controller – lamp on/off LEDs, lamp fail alarm, digital lamp life timer and volt free alarm contacts.
- Weatherproof PLC – IP65 rated, lamp on/off LEDs, lamp fail alarm, digital lamp life timer, volt free alarm contacts and more.
- Thermal Relief Valves – ensures UV lamps remains at optimal UV output temperature and protects lamp from overheating.
UV Disinfection – What is it?
The technology of UV disinfection incorporates Ultra-Violet light, specifically in the wavelength between 200 to 300 nanometers known as the germicidal wavelength. The optimal wavelength when it comes to disinfection using UV is 264 nanometers which located within the UV-C spectrum.
Upon exposure to this germicidal wavelength, micro-organisms are outright destroyed or rendered incapable of reproduction. When the micro-organisms is exposed to the high energy associated with the UV-C UV light, the DNA of these micro-organisms that include bacteria, viruses, spores and other pathogens absorb the light. The absorbed light then causes abnormalities in the DNA resulting in the micro-organism not being able to reproduce and therefore not being able to infect.
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 25 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.