~ COMMERICAL SOLUTIONS ~
For product selection please scroll down.
Commercial Water Softeners
We offer a range of commercial water softeners based on ion exchange and nanofiltration technology. For high-purity applications, we also offer bespoke reverse osmosis systems and deionising plants that include mixed bed deionising resin.
What are the benefits of a commercial water softener?
- Commercial water softeners prevent hard water scale.
- Prevents staining on bathroom and kitchen fixtures as well as dishes, dishwasher, washing machine and commercial kitchen equipment.
- Significantly reduces soap and cleaning product consumption and eliminates soap scum.
- Provides excellent grooming and cosmetic benefits.
- Reduces water heating costs and extends the life of the water heater.
- Prolongs the life of icemakers, dishwashers, steamers, coffeemakers, hot water tempering valves and plumbing fixtures.
- Prevents injection headers and nozzles from clogging.
Hard water contains dissolved minerals in the form of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), and Iron (Fe). Hard water tends to form scale deposits in pipes, hot water systems and on plumbing fixtures. It also reduces the ability of soap to dissolve in water and will form soap scum. Hard water is ideally treated by ion exchange water softeners. Other controversial methods are used to treat water, including magnetic and electromagnetic methods. The efficacy of these treatments is based predominantly on testimonial evidence and is not widely accepted by the scientific community. More about magnetic and electromagnetic water treatment.
Iron levels above 3 ppm are ideally removed with iron removal filters.
Scaling is caused by the hard salts present in water, particularly the compounds of calcium and magnesium. The level of water hardness is categorised as follows: