Biofilm Legionella Test Kit
The Biofilm Legionella test kit has been specially developed for sampling surface biofilms. Instead of testing a water source you simply swab the area to obtain the biofilm sample.
Legionella grows in biofilms, therefore testing the surface of shower head, air conditioning units, water tanks, taps, spa pools etc. while paying particular attention to any biofilm deposits, gives a very accurate picture of the condition of your water system. This kits is also very useful for locating the source of infection, which often will be within biofilms. the sensitivity of the kit is 200 CFU/swabbed area.
The Swab Test Kit can be purchased in sets of 5 or 1.
Test Kit Features
√ The test is simple to use, no interpretation is required.
√ No need to measure or dilute solutions.
√ Provides straightforward results, on-site, within 25-35 minutes.
√ The test helps to minimise delays and downtime.
√ Regular use increases confidence in Legionella controls.
- It provides an immediate picture of Legionella contamination risk, which allows you to make quicker, better-informed decision about improving water quality.
- The rapid test helps you to maintain high service standards and protects you from reputational damage.
- The test helps to reduce public and employee health risk by minimising the time taken to identify Legionella.
- Recording test information while analysing data helps to create a complete picture of Legionella contamination risks and a road-map to prevent future outbreaks.
- This responsible approach is not only the right thing to do, but it is also smart for your organisation. Long lawsuits, huge fines and reputational damage following an outbreak can quickly destroy your business.
|Legionella pneumophilia serogroup 1
|Lateral flow immunochromatographic assay
|Limit of detection
|200 CFU per swabbed area
|Suggested sample area
|Operation on samples between 10–45°C
|18 months from date of manufacture
|At room temperature (<30°C) in original packaging
All test strips are hermetically foil-wrapped and with a printed expiry date.