Purolite A860 Organics Removal
Purolite A860 Organics Removal is a resin-based technology designed to remove organic contaminants from water. It is a macroporous, industrial grade, strong base acrylic scavenger resin. It has a greater resistance to irreversible fouling and will normally cope with higher levels of organics than the Purolite A502P. It can cope better with brine only regenerations but occasional caustic addition is still recommended to maximise resin life.
In food and potable water applications this resin is supplied as Purolite A860S and receives additional post treatment after production to clean the resin to a food grade standard. This resin is widely used in the sugar processing industry for removing colour from partially refined cane sugar.
- Organic Scavenger
- Organic Removal
- Tannin Removal from rain water, rivers, creeks or dams.
- Excellent removal of organic matter
- Efficient regeneration
- Good resistance to organic fouling
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
|Macroporous polyacrylic crosslinked with divinylbenzene
|0.8 eq/L (17.5 Kgr/ft³) (Cl– form)
|66 – 72 % (Cl– form)
|Particle Size Range
|300 – 1200 µm
|Uniformity Coefficient (max.)
|Reversible Swelling, Cl– → OH– (max.)
|Shipping Weight (approx.)
|680 – 730 g/L (42.5 – 45.6 lb/ft³)
|80 °C (176.0 °F) (Cl– form)
The pressure drop across a bed of ion exchange resin depends on the particle size distribution, bed depth, and voids volume of the exchange material, as well as on the flow rate and viscosity of the influent solution. Factors affecting any of these parameters— such as the presence of particulate matter filtered out by the bed, abnormal compressibility of the resin, or the incomplete classification of the bed—will have an adverse effect, and result in an increased head loss. Depending on the quality of the influent water, the application and the design of the plant, typical service flow rates may vary from 5 to 40 BV/h.
PRESSURE DROP ACROSS RESIN BED
During up-flow backwash, the resin bed should be expanded in volume between 50 and 70% for at least 10 to 15 minutes. This operation will free particulate matter, clear the bed of bubbles and voids, and reclassify the resin particles ensuring minimum resistance to flow. When first putting into service, approximately 30 minutes of expansion is usually sufficient to properly classify the bed. It is important to note that bed expansion increases with flow rate and decreases with influent fluid temperature. Caution must be taken to avoid loss of resin through the top of the vessel by over expansion of the bed.
BACKWASH EXPANSION OF RESIN BED
Organics Removal by Purolite
Purolite A860 Organics Removal is a resin-based technology designed to remove organic contaminants from water. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of using Purolite A860 for organics removal.
- Highly Effective: Purolite A860 is highly effective at removing organic contaminants from water. Its resin-based technology is specifically designed to target and remove a wide range of organic compounds, including pesticides, herbicides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Versatile Applications: Purolite A860 can be used in a variety of applications, including municipal and industrial water treatment, groundwater remediation, and wastewater treatment. This makes it a versatile solution for a wide range of water treatment challenges.
- Improved Water Quality: Using Purolite A860 can significantly improve the quality of treated water. Its ability to remove organic contaminants can reduce the risk of health hazards and improve the taste and odor of drinking water.
- Longer Service Life: Purolite A860 has a longer service life compared to other organics removal technologies. This means that it can provide reliable and consistent performance over a longer period, reducing the need for frequent resin replacement and maintenance.
- Reduced Cost: The longer service life of Purolite A860 translates to reduced operating costs over time. Its high efficiency at removing organic contaminants can also help reduce the need for additional treatment steps, further reducing overall costs.
- Regulatory Compliance: Using Purolite A860 can help facilities meet regulatory compliance requirements for water quality. Many regulatory agencies have strict guidelines on organic contaminants in water, and using Purolite A860 can help ensure compliance and avoid potential fines or penalties.
In conclusion, Purolite A860 Organics Removal is a highly effective and versatile solution for removing organic contaminants from water. Its ability to improve water quality, longer service life, reduced operating costs, and regulatory compliance make it a popular choice for a range of water treatment applications. Whether you are treating municipal water or remediating contaminated groundwater, Purolite A860 can help you achieve your water quality goals while reducing costs and ensuring compliance.