Arsenic and Heavy Metals Removal Filter |Metsorb®
Highly Effective, Low-Cost Adsorbent for Reduction of Arsenic III & V and a Wide Variety of Heavy Metals
MetSorb® HMRG adsorbent utilises a patent-pending material for arsenic removal as well as the removal of a wide range of contaminants including heavy metals in water. Empty bed contact times as low as 10 seconds achieve high arsenic removal efficiencies. The material affords a higher capacity for arsenic removal and a lower level of ion interference than competitive iron and alumina based products.
- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
Process Description Arsenic and Heavy Metals Removal
Arsenic is a natural element that is widely found in the Earth’s soil. Arsenic compounds are used commercially and industrially in the manufacture of a variety of products such as transistors, lasers,semiconductors, glass production, pigments, textiles, paper, metal adhesives, ceramics, wood preservatives, explosives and pesticides.
There are two forms of arsenic – organic and inorganic. High levels of organic arsenic occur naturally in many types of food such as seafood. When eaten it is quickly eliminated by the body and normally poses a low risk to human health. Inorganic arsenic is found naturally in soil or rock where it can enter surface and ground waters. Inorganic arsenic can pose a serious risk to health.
Arsenic Removal Technologies:
Precipitative processes, including coagulation/filtration (C/F), direct filtration,coagulation assisted microfiltration, enhanced coagulation, lime softening (LS), and enhanced lime softening;
- Adsorption processes, specifically activated alumina (AA);
- Ion exchange (IX) processes, specifically anion exchange;
- Membrane filtration, including reverse osmosis (RO), and electrodialysis reversal(EDR);1-2
- Alternative treatment processes specifically greensand filtration; and
- Point-of-use (POU) devices.
Arsenic and Heavy Metals Filtration Media Description
MetSorb® HMRG adsorbents utilise a patented material to adsorb both forms of arsenic as well as a wide range of contaminants in water. Empty bed contact times as low as 10 seconds achieve high removal efficiencies.
The material affords a higher capacity and a lower level of ion interference than competitive iron and alumina based products.
MetSorb® HMRG media’s adsorptive capacity is 220 grams of arsenic per kilogram of HMRG adsorbent at a pH of 7. It yields 40,000 bed volumes of capacity at an inlet concentration of 40 parts per billion (ppb) of arsenic, at 1.6 minutes of empty bed contact time EBCT, and a breakthrough of 10 ppb.
For more about heavy metals removal click the following link: Heavy Metals Removal .
- Commercial and industrial treatment units for drinking water or contaminated water.
- Municipal water treatment
- Carbon blocks
- Cartridges for pitchers
- Faucet mounted and countertop devices
- Household point of entry treatment units
- Out-performs all other arsenic reduction media
- Removes both trivalent and pentavalent arsenic
- Concurrent removal of wide range of heavy metals and uranium
- Cost-effective and long-lasting media (>10 years in most applications)
- Simple, automated periodic backwash keeps the media clean and operating efficiently
- Simple operation with no day-to-day maintenance
- Brand-name digital control valve with simple programming and operation
We offer a range of filters with in/out head , manual backwash or automated backwash capabilities . Automated backwash filters come with Clack Control head and option of no raw water by-pass during backwash.
Other advantages of
• Arsenic V
Service Flow Rates:
Service flow rate (5 gpm) = (0.03) x (Tank diameter in inches) x (Tank diameter in inches)
Waste Extraction Test), so it may be disposed of safely as Non-Hazardous Solid Waste. We recommend that you follow local codes and ordinances for disposal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.