Dual In-line TDS Monitor
DIGITAL IN LINE DUAL TDS METER
- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
Description: Dual In-line TDS Monitor
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) are the total amount of mobile charged ions, including minerals, salts or metals dissolved in a given volume of water, expressed in units of mg per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred to as parts per million (ppm). TDS is directly related to the purity of water and the quality of water purification systems and affects everything that consumes, lives in, or uses water, whether organic or inorganic, whether for better or for worse.
Why Should You Measure the TDS Level in Your Water?
The EPA Secondary Regulations advise a maximum contamination level (MCL) of 500mg/liter (500 parts per million (ppm)) for TDS. Numerous water supplies exceed this level. When TDS levels exceed 1000mg/L it is generally considered unfit for human consumption. A high level of TDS is an indicator of potential concerns, and warrants further investigation. Most often, high levels of TDS are caused by the presence of potassium, chlorides and sodium. These ions have little or no short-term effects, but toxic ions (lead arsenic, cadmium, nitrate and others) may also be dissolved in the water.
Even the best water purification systems on the market require monitoring for TDS to ensure the filters and/or membranes are effectively removing unwanted particles and bacteria from your water.
The following are reasons why it is helpful to constantly test for TDS:
High TDS results in undesirable taste which could be salty, bitter, or metallic. It could also indicate the presence of toxic minerals. The EPA’s rescommended maximum level of TDS in water is 500mg/L (500ppm).
Test your water to make sure the reverse osmosis or other type of water filter or water purification system has a high rejection rate and know when to change your filter (or membrane) cartridges.
Hardness (and Water Softeners)
High TDS indicates Hard water, which causes scale buildup in pipes and valves, inhibiting performance.
A constant level of minerals is necessary for aquatic life. The water in an aquarium or tank should have the same levels of TDS and pH as the fish and reef’s original habitat.
TDS is the best measurement of the nutrient concentration in a hydroponic solution.
Pools and spas
TDS levels must be monitored to prevent maintenance problems.
High TDS levels could impede the functions of certain applications, such as boilers and cooling towers, food and water production and more.
Colloidal silver water
TDS levels must be controlled prior to making colloidal silver.
Coffee and Food Service
For a truly great cup of coffee, proper TDS levels must be maintained.
Car Washing and Window Cleaning
Have a washer with a spotless rinse? An inline dual TDS monitor will tell you when to change the filter cartridge or RO membrane.
- Displays Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology.
- Auto-Off function conserves battery power.
- The unit shuts off automatically after 10 minutes of non-use.
- Dual Range 0-9,990 ppm (From 0 – 999ppm the resolution is 1ppm. From 1,000 to 9,990ppm, the resolution is 10ppm, indicated by a blinking ‘x10’ image.)
- Factory Calibrated: our meters are calibrated with a 342 ppm NaCl solution.
- Meters can be recalibrated with a mini-screwdriver.Comes equipped with John Guest Quick-Connect T-fittings as shown.
- Installs quickly and easily.
- Range: 0 – 9990ppm
- Accuracy: ±2%
- Cable Length: 24.5″ (including sensor)
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
- Battery life: over 1,000 hours of continuous use
- Size: 7.6 x 2 x 4.7 cm (3 x .8 x 1.9 in.)
- Weight: 79.4 g (2.8 oz.)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.