SEDIMENT FILTER CARTRIDGE-10″x 2.5″ 5 MICRON
$2.40 – $3.10
PurePro series 2.5″ diameter SDF cartridges coreless design is an economical solution to pre-filtration for many applications. Used widely as pre-filtration for RO systems and post-filtration for GAC filters. Also used in applications such as Ice Machines, Film Processing, Beverage, Coffee, Analytical, Wineries, and many other applications.
Economical light weight filters for standard 10″ housings. Certified by NSF 42 and FDA CFR title 21
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Description – 5 Micron Sediment Filter Cartridge
The 5 Micron poly-spun propylene Sediment Filter Cartridges are used in residential point-of-use applications like kitchens.
- Economical light weight filters for standard 10″ housings.
- Certified by NSF 42 and FDA CFR title 21.
- The sediment filter cartridge’s coreless design is an economical solution to pre-filtration for many applications.
- They are used widely as pre-filtration for RO systems and post-filtration for GAC filters.
- They are also used in applications such as Ice Machines, Film Processing, Beverage, Coffee, Analytical, Wineries, and many others.
Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 2 microns in width or diameter and from 1 to 10 microns in length for the nonspherical specie, so a 1-micron filter will remove most bacteria and cysts. If you are on municipal water, the water has already been treated with chlorine, chloramines and/or fluoride to remove bacteria, so chances are you do not have a bacteria problem, unless there is a problem with the water pipes between the water reclamation plant and your home. Although many customer purchase the 1-micron absolute for the kitchen because it can remove some pharmaceutical drugs, too,
If you are on well water and have a bacteria problem, installing a 1-micron absolute water filter at the point of use will remove most of the bacteria (99.9%), however, if your water has tested positive for bacteria, it is safer to install a chlorine injection water sanitizing tank to purify the water before it enters the house, followed by a whole-house filter to remove the chlorine.
- Polypropylene Sediment, 4 layer structure nominal micron rating.
- Reduces fine sediment, sand, silt, rust and scale
- Suitable for Municipal and well water
Nominal = the SMALLEST size particle that may get trapped.
In other words, the smallest particle a 25 micron nominally rated system can trap is 25 microns. This doesn’t mean a 50 or 100 micron particle may pass through.
Absolute = the LARGEST particle size that can get through the openings in the filter element.
Specifications- Sediment Filter Cartidge 5 Micron:
|Micron Rating:||5 Nominal|
|Dimensions:||9-7/8″ x 2.5″|
|Filter Life:||Recommended every 6 months|
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 15 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.