The range of arsenic and heavy metals filters are based on very effective adsorption media manufactured in the USA. In comparative studies, Metsorb media has proven to be more effective than other competitive media for removing heavy metals and arsenic. MetSorb HMRG adsorbent utilises a patent-pending material for arsenic removal as well as the removal of a wide range of contaminants in water. Empty bed contact times as low as 10 seconds achieve high arsenic removal efficiencies. Contact times of 1 to 3 minutes are generally recommended for optimum performance. The material affords a higher arsenic removal capacity and a lower level of ion interference than competitive iron and alumina based products.
Adsorbent Product Features/Benefits
- Removal of arensic & heavy metals to meet drinking water standards
- High arsenic removal capacity requiring less frequent replacement
- Fast kinetics to work effectively at high flow rates
- Nonhazardous disposal as solid waste – passes EPA TCLP (Toxicity Characteristic Leach Procedure)
- Carbon blocks
- Cartridges for pitchers
- Faucet mounted and counter top devices
- Household point of entry treatment units
- Commercial and industrial treatment units for arsenic removal in drinking water or contaminated water
- Municipal water treatment
Our range of arsenic and heavy metal filters include an automated backwash valve allowing the system to be operated with minimal human intervention. The backwash is typically set at once a week to remove some sediment , and reclassify the bed. For high turbidity water or water with iron we recommend pre-treatment to remove any silt or iron.