Managing Legionella Risk in Biofilm

Managing Legionella Risk in Biofilm

Posted at 09:14 By

Managing Legionella Risk in Biofilm

Only 10% of Legionella bacteria can be found in free-flowing water within water systems. the other 90% is found in biofilm. However, most methods of Legionella testing look for bacteria where it is least prevalent, in free-flowing water.

If left undetected and untreated, small pieces of biofilm can break away under water system flow and infect or re-infect other parts of the system, clog filters and create problematic infections in dead legs.

Prolonged periods of system stagnation, as we have seen in lockdown, can lead to dense biofilm formations.

Managing Legionella Risk with our Swab Test Kit

The Biofilm Legionella Test Kit is a targeted solution which helps duty holders and other water management professionals to detect the strain of Legionella (Legionella pneumophila serogroup 1) in the locations where it most likely to replicate.

The simple test provides accurate results in only 25 minutes, as opposed to 10-14 days with lab culture (Check out our post on in-situ testing Vs. Lab culture testing). This significantly reduces recommissioning time and helps businesses to get back to ‘business as usual’ quickly, and safely.

 

Are you interested in learning more about Legionella testing? Get in touch with us

or Email us: sales@pacificwater.com.au

 

 

Categories: All, Residential & Rural
Post a comment
AUSTRALIA POST ARE EXPERIENCING SIGNIFICANT DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY DELAYS AND INCREASED PARCEL VOLUMES. THEY HAVE INFORMED US THAT DELIVERY TIMES MAY BE LONGER THAN USUAL AND EXPRESS POST MAY NOT BE GUARANTEED NEXT DAY DELIVERY. IF SHIPPING RATES SEEM EXORBITANT, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY AND WE'LL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE ACCURATE SHIPPING COSTS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THESE TRYING TIMES.